The Nasc Network is currently offering a bursary of €10,000 to a production company or producer interested in collaborating with the network to produce a new or existing piece of theatre with a view to touring to all Nasc venues in 2018.
The chosen production company/producer will receive the following support from the Nasc Network:
• A commissioning fee of €10,000 to part-fund the development/creation of the theatre piece.
• Nasc will act as lead applicant, or network support, on an application under the Arts Council’s touring and dissemination scheme to fund the costs of the production and tour to all Nasc venues.
• The Nasc venues will each offer a guaranteed fee in support of the production run at each venue.
• Productions with audience recognition i.e. production title, company, director, cast, and/or playwright to maximise audience potential for each show.
• Productions which are innovative, captivating and entertaining to maximise the potential for audience development.
• High quality, professional production values so that the investment by the Arts Council, stakeholders and the venue is apparent.
NASC TOURS TO DATE
The Year of the Hiker – Druid Theatre Company (2006) | Improbable Frequency – Rough Magic Theatre Company (2007) | The Taming Of the Shrew – Rough Magic Theatre Company (2008) | The Cripple of Inishmaan – Druid Theatre Company (2008) | The Gigli Concert – Druid Theatre Company (2009) | Johnny Patterson, The Singing Clown – Barabbas (2010) | John O’Connor – (2010) | Out of Time – Colin Dunne (2011) | Druid Murphy Project: Whistle In The Dark and Conversations on a Home Coming (2013) | The Bridge Below the Town – Livin’ Dred Theatre Co (2014) | The Dead (Performance Corporation 2017) | The Wolf and Peter – CoisCéim (2017) | Anam – Siamsa Tíre (Autumn 2017)
Any interested parties should submit a proposal to the Nasc Network by Friday March 24th 2017 by eMail to Hugh Murray at the Pavilion Theatre.
Click here to view the full Nasc Network Commission 2018 document as a PDF.
Nasc Network: An Grianán Theatre | Backstage Theatre | Dunamaise Arts Centre | glór | Lime Tree Theatre | Pavilion Theatre | Siamsa Tire | Town Hall Theatre