Lasta’s Illuminate open submission will feature digital artworks selected by a guest curator. This showcase offers an opportunity to create exciting visual dialogues and conversations from the breadth and depth of artistic expression by emerging and established artists who take part.
Prize (One artist will be awarded) – €400
Opportunity for a showcase exhibition, subject to programme:
Dunamaise Arts Centre Cafe in 2022, dates to be agreed between venue and winner; An Grianán Theatre in 2022, dates to be agreed between venue and winner; Siamsa Tire in 2022, dates to be agreed between venue and winner.
About the Exhibition
Illuminate is about handing the torch to young digital illustrators to illuminate a path into the era of digital art. It will be showcased on the websites:
Dunamaise Arts Centre: https://www.dunamaise.ie/
An Grianan Theatre: https://www.angrianan.com/
Siamsa Tire: https://www.siamsatire.com/
Selector: Barry Quinn
Lasta is a national arts programme for young people by young people, in association with the NASC venues network around Ireland and is part of Brightening Air / Coiscéim Coiligh, a nationwide ten-day season of arts experiences brought by the Arts Council.
In this new innovative approach to programming, twenty-one young curators have been engaged by the NASC venues to programme a festival of work for children and young people from 11th to 20th June 2021, delivering for the first time, a national arts programme curated entirely by young people.
Dunamaise Arts Centre, An Grianán Theatre and Siamsa Tíre are delighted to collaborate to launch the inaugural Lasta Open Call.
The Nasc Network is a group of 8 venues across Ireland. The Network consists of: Backstage Theatre, Longford; Dunamaise Arts Centre, Portlaoise; glór, Ennis; An Grianán, Letterkenny; Lime Tree Theatre, Limerick; Pavilion Theatre, Dún Laoghaire; Siamsa Tíre, Tralee and Town Hall Theatre, Galway.
Guidelines For Submission:
- Artists must be 18+ on the 17th of May 2021.
- Submission is open to artists living in ROI and NI.
- Submission deadline is the 17th of May 2021 at 23:59.
- Artists may submit up to 2 pieces.
- Only applications & artwork submitted via jotform link below will be considered for inclusion.
- The image submitted must be fit for digital display as is, and must meet the following criteria:
– In the following formats (.png. jpeg, RAW)
– Resolution of at least: 300 dpi
– Files no larger than 5MB
Please supply hi-res images. We will use these assets to promote this exhibition via our social media channels, email and when pitching to the media. They will also be used on our websites. Where possible via our media partners, we will help to coordinate the production of editorial video content to promote your artwork within the exhibition for distribution on our media partners channels.
Email email@example.com for more information.
All submissions must then be made through the following link:
Selection Process & Exhibition Notes:
- Selection will be based on the work submitted; submissions will not be accepted after the deadline.
- Up to 2 but as few as none may be selected for exhibition
- No works previously exhibited.
- The decision made by the selectors is final; they have sole discretion on final display
and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Artists will be informed about selection via email by 21st May 2021.
- Lasta Festival and the associated venues reserve the right to use the submitted images in any publicity surrounding the exhibition or festival.
- Delivery of sold prints is the responsibility of the artist.
- Lasta Festival reserves the right not to include work it considers unsuitable for public exhibition.
- Submissions by: Monday 17th May
- Notification of Selection: Friday 21st May
- Exhibition Opens From: Friday 11th June
Lasta is presented by NASC as part of Brightening Air | Coiscéim Coiligh, a nationwide, ten day season of arts experiences brought to you by the Arts Council. To see the full Brightening Air | Coiscéim Coiligh programme, visit www.brighteningair.com